We at Louisiana Urology hope that you have been doing well during the COVID-19 pandemic. We have been working hard to offer all possible safe options to access care that are available. The Louisiana Department of Health has advised medical practices to offer telemedicine care, whenever possible, to minimize office overcrowding and allow for social distancing during the pandemic. While we are able to see patients in the office, telemedicine is being encouraged from the convenience and safety of your own home. You may also be asked to begin your care as a new patient or if you have not been seen in an extended period of time by telemedicine, prior to being seen in the office. Telemedicine is being offered using two distinct services, Doxy.me and Doximity. Both can be easily accessed using a smartphone (iPhone and similar), iPad, laptop or tablet. Simply contact the office to schedule your appointment.
Louisiana Urology will continue to offer in-office procedures, diagnostic imaging, lab testing and in-person evaluations, whenever appropriate, to progress your care. Outpatient surgical services are also being offered, not only through the Surgical Specialty Center, but also the local area hospitals.
When arriving for in-office care we would like to let you know what to expect:
- Patients and staff are required to wear masks at all times (cloth or surgical) and is being enforced for safety reasons.
- Each patient will be screened upon entry into the building for fever and COVID-19 risks. Once screened and cleared, you will be allowed to come to the clinic for check-in on the third floor to our office suite.
- Social distancing principles are also enforced throughout the building.
- If you have a caregiver that needs to attend your visit with you, he or she will also be asked to wear a mask. No more than one person will be allowed in the facility. Please notify the staff on check-in, so that accommodations can be made for you and your visitor.
- If you do not require an attendant at your visit and can attend alone, we ask that any others wait in their car until your appointment is completed.
- No children under the age of 12 are allowed in the office building at this time unless they are a patient.
Thank you again for choosing Louisiana Urology for your care. We hope that we have made this a safe and comfortable environment for your upcoming visits.
Respectfully, Louisiana Urology Physicians and Staff
Please click the link below to complete registration forms prior to your appointment.